Tuesday 6 September 2016

Can isolation make you stronger?




The most terrifying and important test for a human being is to be in absolute isolation.” Vasily Solkin.

I have this reoccurring dream. I am walking through the city and the streets are abandoned. The cars are littered across the road. I look over and there is glass everywhere from all the windows being smashed. I walk inside an empty grocery aisle, a white noise is coming from a small alarm-radio clock and then abruptly I wake up.

What does this mean?

Consider being the last person alive?

Yes, people have written books about it, movies have been done around this subject as well. I want you to just stay with me and follow the message I want to convey.

What would it be like to be the last person alive?

We are social creatures, we thrive because we depend on one another. You can be independent like me, but think about the other people that depend on you, they need you.

So let’s examine four different dispositions: The self, the other, the environment, the law.

The Law;

How would one govern himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment