Tuesday 23 February 2016

The time I learned a valuable lesson

Do you feel that you are more busy then you want to be? This is how I felt before I lost my driving license. As obvious as this sounds we create our own busyness by ourselves. The day I lost my license for a 23 day period, I called my best friend the morning off and actually wept I was so upset, yet the next day I felt like the weight of the world was lifted of my shoulders. Yes at first loosing it I was distraught because I felt like I was incompetent of scheduling any appointments and I felt like my work was going to suffer. Being a multi-preneur having a licence is crucial, or so I thought. Turns out that creativity kicks in times when it is most needed. Delegation of tasks became a priority, what seemed like such a busy time managing 4 businesses simultaneously actually became fun and exciting. It seemed like time was on my side and not against me. Before loosing my license time seemed to get away from me, and all I was doing is playing catch up, I am sure most of you reading this can relate. Loosing my license gave me an insight I never had before, how precious time is, how we can accomplish so much by taking into account what we do every minute of the day, and that we create our own busyness. There was times when I lost my license and thought to myself how I was so busy in the time I had a license. I should mention that I lived in a rural area where there is public transit near by, and the nearest bus would have taken me 2 hours at the minimum to get to where it used to take me 20 minutes by car. I know how I was so busy, it was because I decided to take on every task and challenge as all entrepreneurs think they can accomplish everything and that they are the best at everything they do. Well I guess I always seem to learn the hard way, and that is by loosing something first to realize the lesson. The lesson learned is that being busy is a choice. You have the power to choose and your not obligated to. Your time is important! and it is irreplaceable

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment