Wednesday 12 October 2016

How did you get so lucky?


Do you know anyone who is lucky? Do you know how they got lucky?
I am not going to give you the cliché of hard work equals to luck, or the best luck is the luck you make for yourself, or that luck always seems like it belongs to someone else.
No.
You must be wondering why I am not following this cliché model of luck? Do I actually believe in luck?
Well, that depends on what you identify as luck. If luck is an unexpected event that has consequences, then yes I believe in luck, and I think you do too.
This is not a superstitious assumption that luck is only good and it happens to those who don’t do any good. Isn’t that what you would think? ‘How did this person get so lucky; he didn’t deserve it?’
Lucky for us, pun intended, luck can be measured, it can be faltered and it can also be sustained.
Luck is all around us. Good and bad, it is unavoidable. So, can we say that luck either brings us pleasure or pain? Yes, we can, however, that’s not where I want to go with this post.
What lens are we looking through? When something happens that is not in our favor, do we blame it on bad luck? How about if that bad luck never happened then you would have never been able to get to where you are today?
Am I lucky?
Follow the following link to finish the post, don't forget to subscribe to receive posts that I don;t publish anywhere else 
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment