Tuesday 22 December 2015

Reinvent myself

I had an accident when I was working in the construction industry. I was working on replacing a window and after 5 years of experience and countless times of mastering the work, I was replacing the window over the kitchen sink, it shattered and a small piece fell on my wrist. Mistakes do happen even if your really good at what you do. I had to get rushed to the hospital. When I got there the doctor had inspected the injury and told me that I had cut two tendons and that I would need to see a plastic surgeon. When I got home that night I had to revaluate what it is I was doing and why. I had to look deep within myself and ask myself why I was doing what I was doing and if there was anything else that I can do, that I can find more rewarding in my life and that will pay me better then what I was being paid in the industry I was all too familiar with. Change is not easy for anyone, and it was scary to think that I would have to go into the unknown and the uncomfortable.  As I was reflecting upon myself I knew change was inevitable. Life is too short and too precious to be doing something that doesn't bring you satisfaction and that is potentially dangerous. Don't be afraid of change embrace it. When that fear comes over you, it means your stepping into a growth mentality.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment