Thursday 24 November 2016

Are you letting superstition control your behavior?

THE ROOT OF ALL SUPERSTITION IS THAT MEN OBSERVE WHEN A THING HITS, BUT NOT WHEN IT MISSES.” FRANCIS BACON

Have you ever been superstitious about anything? Do you believe in karma?
For the longest time, I held beliefs that people who believe in superstition might relate to and the common-sense person would not.
I believed that if I knocked on wood 3 times that bad things would not happen to me. I believed that I was even-steven, whenever something good happened it followed by something bad. I believed that when I had good thoughts, or that when I would calculate my wins I would automatically lose.
I fought hard not to think good thoughts, and summing up what I earned because I was scared. I can certainly laugh about it now. Before it wasn’t funny at all, it was crippling.
When bad things would happen, it would solidify what I had thought.
There was an experiment done by psychologists; People were put in front of a series of buttons, they were told to press the buttons until the light came on. People began to press the buttons and the light would come on, they would repeat the same sequence then the light wouldn’t come on.
When the light would come on, they would keep repeating this bizarre sequences like tapping on the wall or positioning their body certain way. The experiment was done with the light that would come on completely at random, it didn’t matter what they pressed or how they did it. But these people truly believed that they had figured it out.
Well, there came a period in my life where I truly believed that my superstition was very much a real thing and that I had figured out some cosmic way of living.

SUPERSTITION IS NOT ALL THAT BAD.

It calms us down when we are anxious about something. When I believed in 
Come finish it with me here, by clicking on the link above

No comments:

Post a Comment