Saturday 16 January 2016

Leadership Role

I choose to be a leader. I choose to take care of my family, friends, coworkers, partners, lover, and all those in my circle and outside of my circle. I choose to go out of my way for these people because I feel that when I take care of them, they take care of me. For example I stood by and helped my partner in my steam cleaning business to get him from his dad's 800 squarefoot basement suite, living with 3 children and his girlfriend, into getting his own 1500 squarefoot condo of which he now owns himself. I see talent and potential in my partner and I didn't give up on him considering the conditions he was living in. I stepped in and got him out of the rut because I know that he will stand by me when I will need it too. I don't expect him too, I just know he will. Leadership is not a title or a position, it is an act and an example. To be a leader you take care of people so they can take care of business. Great leaders inspire others to take action that they normally wouldn't do, they will help bring your strengths out and they will hold you accountable and help you succeed. You should never blame and always assume responsibility. Simon Sinek quoted that "joy comes from two things:
1. Doing something greater then yourself
2. Doing it with others who you trust and who trust you"
He is an amazing inspiring Writer, Leader and Innovator. He took what is so simple and uncommon into what should be the standard. Start With Why is a novel written by Simon Sinek. He goes to say that all businesses know what they do, and how they do it, but the ones that understand why they are doing it, are the ones who seem to capture our attention. If you have a big enough why you will never give up. Leadership is the same as parenting, it is a skill that can be learned, you should be practicing it daily. My goal is to make leaders out of the people that I lead. Leadership comes at a cost, you take the risk and go first so that others feel safe following your lead. If you don't understand people you don't understand business. 100 percent of shareholders are people, 100 percent of employees are people, 100 percent of customers are people. His book Leaders Eat Last talks about how leaders go first.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment